Friday, January 30, 2009

Just a Note and Merry Christmas




I did two card today. The Merry Christmas card uses the Brayer Tapping Tutorial from Technique Junkies current newsletter. I think I need to practice it a little more but like the finished job. Stamps used are the trees from Tim Holtz and the rest are retired Stampin' Up! I did use the Fruitcake Spectrum pad and then brayered over with Green Galore. Stickles added to the trees and red striped ribbon from Stampin' Up! added at the top.


The second card I did was for a challenge on Paperartistsonline.com. This card uses retired Designer Paper from Stampin' Up! along with Whisper White and Old Olive. I just love Old Olive and sponged that color around the edge of my scallop.

4 comments:

Connie Fossenier said...

Great job on the Brayer Tapping technique...I find this one hard also..
Love the tree stamps...
connie paxman

Becky Carafa said...

Love your techniques. And it's been awhile since I've seen those hedgehogs, they are about the cutest thing ever!

Shirley said...

They are both lovely, Cheryl. I really like the way your brayered background turned out and the other card is lovely too! Love those butterflies!!

Emily said...

These are so cute! Love those hedgehogs! Great technique! The glittery butterflies in the second card look great! Love the sponging too! TFS!