Thursday, July 2, 2009
The Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round is to use Red, White and Blue. I have finally been able to find some time to work on cards again.
Here are my 5.
1) The top one uses the Crimper! I haven't used it in ages and I love it. The stamp set is A Wish for Peace along with Snow Swirled for the greeting. I used the Oval Punch and the Oval Scallop Punch, dimensionals, 2 way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds.
2) This one used Snow Swirled stamped in Night of Navy on Whisper White, mounted on Night of Navy, then mounted on Real Red. This is the only layer but you notice that the insert pulls out and has the larger design and the greeting. Again the oval punches were used and the Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon. I had some felt snowflakes left over from last Christmas and Cut one down to fit on the front of the pocket that was made from the Stampin' Up! Scallop Envelope Die folded the top down and attached cut off pieces from the snowflake to each scallop. Added a touch of Crystal Effects and Red Chunky Glitter to the center for a different Christmas card.
3) Card 3 is super easy. The Santa from Jolliest time of the Year stamped in Real Red on Whisper White, mounted on Night of Navy with a base card of Real Red. Topped off with Red Grosgrain and a touch of Chunky Glitter on his cuffs and pom-pom
4) Card 4 Home for Christmas stamped in Night of Navy on Glossy White then mounted on Real Red, with a base card of Night of Navy. I used Real Red marker to color in the bulbs and bow on the door. Punched the new Modern Label punch twice and layered it under the greeting.
5) Last but not least I used the Snowflake die and mounted it on Night of Navy that I ran through the Cuttlebug using Snowflake folder. Red Grosgrain around it with the saying on top.
All products except the Snowflake folder and Cuttlebug are Stampin' Up! I hope to spend time in the morning getting around a visiting everyone. Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!